The unit DENDROGRAM performs a hierarchical cluster analysis and displays the result as a dendrogram. Both the clustering algorithm and the visual appearance can be adjusted in many aspects.
Among the implemented clustering methods are single linkage, complete linkage, Ward's method, average linkage, and unweighted pair group with arithmetic mean. The user has a choice of several distance measures, such as the Euclidean distance, the city-block distance, the Tanimoto coefficient, or der Dice coefficient.
The application of TDendrogram is straightforward: simply store your data in the internal data container of the component, and the data will be clustered automatically. The results can be panned, zoomed and displayed in various directions with various colors. More details can be found in the online help pages.
The unit DENDROGRAM is part of the SDL Component Suite.
|Dendro||This example application generates two clusters of random numbers and displays the results of the cluster analysis as a dendrogram. The user may change various parameters of the system.||dendro.zip
- Release 10.2 [May-30, 2013]
- the read-only property IsProcessing returns the processing state of a dendrogram
- Release 10.1 [Oct-29, 2012]
- the readonly array properties ClustDist and ClustResult allow to access the structure of the dendrogram
- OnDendroBegin and OnDendroDone events implemented
- Release 10.0 [Oct-4, 2011]
- TDendrogram has been redesigned to provide a fixed area where the object labels are displayed
- object labels are now displayed rotated by 90° if a TrueType font is used
- the function FindObject searches for a particular object in the dendrogram
- the properties MarkedObject and MarkedObjType allow to mark a particular object
- the property ForceStaggeredLabels may be used to control the automatic rotation of object labels
- new properties ColorEmptyArea and ColorLabelsBG control the background colors of the object label area and the empty corner.
- the new event OnCrossHairMove signals the movement of the crosshair
- Release 9.7 [May-31, 2010]
- new method RetrieveClusterClasses implemented
- method CalcClasses is now a function and returns TRUE if the max. number of classes is exceeded
- Release 9.51 [Dec-01, 2008]
- bug fix: Font property is now working as expected
- Release 9.5 [Oct-31, 2008]
- object labels are now written using a transparent background
- distance scale now spans the entire width/height of the dendrogram window
- bug fix: AutoRange now scales the dendrogram area more properly
- bug fix: after startup, orientation of dendrogram always was downward, regardless of the property Orientation
- Release 9.0 [May-28, 2007]
- no changes
- Release 8.5 [Feb-18, 2006]
- TDendrogram now supports class colors
- new method CalcClasses allows to assign class numbers to the data which are derived from the cluster analysis
- Release 8.2 [Nov-03, 2004]
- no changes
- Release 8.1 [Aug-29, 2004]
- Release 8.0 [Apr-15, 2004]
- first release to the public